Covid-19 Safety Guidance for Sport & Fitness
What we are doing to keep you safe
- Cleaning and disinfecting. We’ll be regularly cleaning and sanitising all areas and equipment, in addition to a daily deep clean.
- Social distancing. We are adopting a two-metre social distancing rule to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our members and staff.
- Protecting you and our staff. Cleaning equipment and hand sanitiser is readily available throughout the club.
- One way system. Please follow the walking routes around the Sport & Fitness club, even if it takes a little longer to reach your destination.
How you can keep yourself and others safe
To ensure our facilities remain covid-secure, there are a number of measures in place which all members must adhere to:
- Pre-book your session. Currently you are able to book one session per area, per day. For inclusive members, this means you can book one gym session (in any of the three gym areas), one pool session, one squash court per day. This is to accommodate reduced capacities, social distancing and fair usage for members. There are no restrictions on the number of classes you can attend per day.
- Bookings must be made online in advance, either via the website or UB Sport & Fitness app. Book from 7 days in advance up to five minutes before the session start time.
- Arrive no more than five minutes before your booked session and be ready to work out. Please come in your workout clothes, or wear your swimwear underneath your clothes if you’re visiting the pool, as the changing rooms will not be available. Please only bring a small drawstring bag for your belongings as lockers will not be in use.
- Face coverings are mandatory except when you are exercising. This includes the outside queuing area, reception, corridors and stairwells. You will be refused entry into Sport & Fitness if you are not wearing a face covering or have an exemption.
Covid-19 Safety Restrictions on Facilities
- Reduced facilities. Due to Government and in accordance with National Governing Body advice, not all of our facilities are available. There are also limited toilets available and no changing rooms.
- No 50-metre pool sessions. To maximise the availability of pool sessions for members during this time, there will be no 50 metre sessions in the pool. This is being continually reviewed and we will provide 50-metre sessions as soon as we are able to, fairly.
- Due to current restrictions, the steam room and sauna are unavailable.
- Indoor classes cannot take place under Tier 3 restrictions, however, we have a new outdoor class timetable available to inclusive members.
- Squash can only be played individually or with members of your household in areas under Tier 3 restrictions.
Our Covid-19 safety guidance is continually adapting to local and national advice, from both the Government and National Governing Bodies, so we advise all members to visit the Stay Safe page on our website before each visit to ensure you have the most up to date information.
If you have any further questions about the safety measures in place at UoB Sport & Fitness, please use the ‘chat to us / leave a message’ box at the bottom of this page to speak to a member of our team.