Snooker & Pool
Whether you wish to represent the University of Birmingham at various tournaments throughout the year or have never picked up a cue in your life, you’re welcome at the University of Birmingham Snooker and Pool Club.
We offer weekly sessions for both snooker and pool, in which you can receive some coaching tips as well as playing games against fellow club members. For those members that wish to compete for the club, there are weekly snooker and pool leagues where we play against other local teams. As previously mentioned, there are also tournaments in which we compete against other Universities in both singles and doubles competitions.
For those just wishing to play for the social aspect, a range of regular inclusive socials are organised by our social secretaries.
How to get involved
The membership fee is £70. Taster session and/or trial information will be available soon.
Please note that on top of the club fee there is a £16 fee that covers personal accident insurance when training or competing for the University, access to free cross-training sessions such as circuits and yoga, as well as a contribution to the costs of affiliation to various national governing bodies. This fee is only payable once so if you did decide to join a second club then you would not need to pay a second fee.
3 skills this sport will give you:
You’ll create so many memories!
Training times & venues
Snooker: Tuesdays 7-10pm
Pool: Wednesdays 5-8pm
Perfections Sports Bar and Snooker Club, 1239 Pershore Road, Stirchley, Birmingham, B30 2YT (20 minute walk from campus or 5 minutes from Bournville station)
*All training times and venues subject to change
- Luke Watson reached the quarter-final of BUCS Snooker
- Four semi-finalists in the singles competitions at the Northampton open, Coventry open and Warwick open.
- Team Runners-up in 3 university tournaments in 2018/19, as well as winning the Trophy in Hatfield.
Level of competition/participation:
– BUCS tournaments in 9-ball, 8-ball and snooker
– University competitions throughout the year
– Local pub leagues for both snooker and pool
– Social mini tournaments in weekly sessions.
Club captain: Sam Bird
- We host an annual 9-Ball competition at the end of exams in early June
- If you play in the local pool or snooker leagues for Perfections Snooker Club, you’re eligible for free tables to practice on there.