The University of Birmingham Surf Club (Brumsurf) is an fun, friendly space for all abilities to try something new that they might not have tried before. With a range of abilities, we are open to both the pro-surfer and the beginner, so are the perfect club if you’re looking for a change of scenery. Our beginners the past years have all become competent surfers now!
With trips to Wales, Devon and Cornwall during term as well as a winter trip to Morocco and a summer trip to Portugal (tbc.), our club is a great way to get new experiences, meet new people and get away from Birmingham. On top of that, we run a variety of socials every week for when we can’t get ourselves to the sea, we are known for being a close and welcoming social group with people from across all years becoming close friends through the club. Why not come and give us a try!
How to get involved
Taster session and/or trial information will be available soon.
Membership fee – £40
Please note that on top of the club fee there is a £16 fee that covers personal accident insurance when training or competing for the University, access to free cross-training sessions such as circuits and yoga, as well as a contribution to the costs of affiliation to various national governing bodies. This fee is only payable once so if you did decide to join a second club then you would not need to pay a second fee.
We have the most fun!
3 skills this sport will give you:
Complete body fitness
Confidence in the water
Our two big overseas trips at Christmas and in the Summer!
– Huge increase in female participation, evening out the divide between male and female memberships and improving diversity/ inclusivity
– Two successful trips abroad run (Morocco in December 2018, Portugal in June 2019)
– Attended the Extreme Sports Ball
– Visited Surf Snowdonia
– Brand new kit (boards and wetsuits)
– Introduction of circuit training
– We are a Sports Club AND a Guild Society.
– We like to focus on socials due to our trips being at set times/reliant on sign-ups, which means we’re a close and friendly group, open to everyone.
– We run trips abroad to Morocco/France/Spain/Portugal.
Head Coach: Graham Fowler
Club Captain: Emily Hack