for UoB Sport & Fitness’ website
This website is run by University of Birmingham Sport & Fitness. Because we want as many people as possible to be able to use this website, as a user with accessible needs, you should be able to do the following things.
- Change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- Zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- Navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- Navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- Listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We also aim to make the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
1 HOW ACCESSIBLE THIS WEBSITE IS
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- The colour contrast on some page elements is insufficient to be easily discernible for all users.
- Embedded YouTube videos aren’t fully accessible to screen reader software.
- Some links cannot be used by screen readers.
- Users cannot quickly skip to content on all pages.
2 FEEDBACK AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you need information on this website in a different format such as an accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in ten days.
If you cannot view the map on our ‘contact us’ page, email us on email@example.com for directions.
3 REPORTING ACCESSIBILITY PROBLEMS WITH THE WEBSITE
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
4 ENFORCEMENT PROCEDURE
If you are unhappy with the response you have received from the University about your accessibility-related issue, you can make a complaint to the University by emailing email@example.com.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
5 TECHNICAL INFORMATION ABOUT THIS WEBSITE’S ACCESSIBILITY
University of Birmingham Sport & Fitness is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
- The colour contrast on some page elements is insufficient to be easily discernible for all users. We aim to address this issue across the site by May 2022.
- Some links cannot be used by screen readers. We aim to address this issue by May 2022.
- Users cannot quickly skip to content on all pages. We aim to address this issue by May 2022.
- Some tables do not contain headers or a scope. We aim to address this issue by May 2022.
6 NON-ACCESSIBLE CONTENT
The content listed below is not accessible for the following reasons:
The site also contains some third party content and functionality. This may direct you to a related service, or partner we work with. Where possible, we work with our partners to ensure their content which appears on our website is accessible. Alternatively, we will signpost users to the third party’s accessibility statement.
7 CONTENT THAT IS NOT WITHIN THE SCOPE OF THE ACCESSIBILITY REGULATIONS
We do not plan to add captions to live video streams because live video is exempt from meeting the accessibility regulations.
8 PREPARATION OF THIS ACCESSIBILITY STATEMENT
This statement was prepared on 22 September 2019 and it was last reviewed on 22 April 2022.
This website was last tested on 19 January 2022. The test was carried out by our trusted agencies and University staff using a selection of automated tools, as well as manual checks.
We tested the following pages as they contain the main features across the site and cover the different page templates used.