OUR APPROACH TO OPTIMISING YOUR PERFORMANCE
Strength and Conditioning is the physical preparation of athletes toward enhancing sports performance and reducing injuries. Integrating alongside athlete, coach and support services, our experience team of UKSCA Accredited coached (detailed below) strive to improve your physical capacities to maximise your sporting potential.
Our athletic development coaching philosophy is built upon a foundation of our values:
- Care for all aspects of holistic health and performance
- Consistency of expectations and approach
- Collaboration across all areas of sporting development
OUR APPROACH IN ACTION
By using a wide range of tools, working collaboratively alongside National Governing Bodies, within your Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT) of qualified practitioners and coaches, we identify your strengths and barriers to success within your chosen sport. Based upon your needs, we develop and expertly coach athletic development programmes, continually assessing and reviewing against your individual movement strategies, outcomes and goals.
With World-Class sporting facilities at the university, strength and conditioning coaching is delivered both within the sporting domain (pitch, court, indoor-hall, and track) and within the gym environment. Located within the Performance Centre, our state-of-the-art Performance Gym is situated on the top floor of the University of Birmingham Sport and Fitness Centre. Here, alongside high-level coaching, you will find over £500,000 of specialist equipment including:
- Six double lifting platforms and Techno-Gym racks
- Various specially manufactured S&C equipment catering for speed, strength and power
- A 25-metre Mondo running track
- An integrated Accupower force plate for monitoring precise performance improvements
- Gymaware accelerometer technology
- TeamBuildr online software